This Way Expedites Everything!
Being organized can be a planned event. A natural occurrence. You can even be known for it, at least at your local grocery store (people are happy to let you go first in line, too)!
If you’d like, please just use my picture as a guide. Maybe some of what I’ve got to say about it will help you, too! (And, please share in the comments below, with a little help from me, too!)
Note: Click on the Blue-Green-Pulsating Circles with a “plus-sign (+) in the center to “read all about it!”
If you are a busy parent, professional or retiree you will appreciate how this is a time saver. And, it also helps you connect in your community!
If you decide to try this, all you need are some nice-sized boxes, ideally nesting for easy storage. Ideally these boxes suit the size of what you buy. Don’t go too big or heavy, either (weight of the items you’d ask your gram handle, IMHO.
I’m going to share this Essential Action (OOM-EA1), Like Things with Like Things, from my Organic Organizing Matrix sm/tm by covering the following in this post….
- #1 of 3) Example (above picture) with a brief written review of the process just below. This is a picture of my recent visit to Whole Foods demonstrating how-to use “Like Things with Like Things.”
- #2 of 3) What Works. My Secret Sauce. How it relates to you.
- #3 of 3) What about you? — a brief exercise to help you see how you can expedite your own gathering activities, like grocery shopping using Like Things with Like Things.
Being organized for self-care is important for your business and personal life. AIM (allowing intentional mind), live, lead, organize with purpose — allow purpose. It is much easier when details like this are smoothly handled.
And, allowing purpose in your life will insist upon things working for you!
#1 of 3) Example (that photo up there, about that….)
Self-organizing Actions Happen When Like Things with Like Things is wrangling your groceries, for example….
- Checkout, reviewing and unloading easily addressed with the least amount of effort by all parties (checker, bagger, you).
- One simple system using Like Things with Like Things + secret sauce mindset (#2.2 of 3 below) + a little bit of practice. (Oh, + finding and storing boxes you like and will use! Reference to the Organic Organizing Matrix — OOM-EA4 Project + Place Holders).
#2.1 of 3) What Works About Boxes
Here is the thing. Bags break, and they can be packed all sort of ways by others.
That leads to high-risk moments for me. It made me dread (insert procrastinate) shopping. I have to protect my body from certain kinds of lifting. At least the kind that is not in the gym, pilates or yoga!
Maybe you do, too? Now, it is a non-issue in the most important way — no way to accidentally, physically hurt myself. And, my mindset helps a lot, too. Keep reading for more in a bit.
This way is controlled in a way that works for everyone without anyone feeling controlled (self-organizing system!).
As the checkout person said….this way Expedites Everything!
- From the store shelf, to your cart, to the checkout, to your cart, to your car all the way home!….
- Your stuff is organized and contained, easy to manage.
- Your investment of time and money are also protected.
- You inherently build community.
No matter what, you’ll be organized in a way that strikes up great conversations!
#2.2 of 3) My Secret Sauce Mindset
One more reason it works — I believe in it. I flush doubt from my space. And, I see all working, finding joy. Now we are talking mindset.
- Everyone around me supports me!
- I even get an automatic bag credit for every box without asking as after a year or so of doing things this way.
- I am so clear it works! — My mindset got honed on this and now it is not only normal, it is celebrated!
- I see this happening when I think of whole foods!
The manager that helped me out this day opened her arms and gave me a big hug! How sweet!!! It wasn’t strange at all. It seemed perfectly natural. Life is good.
See my belief from my outlier organizing experience is this….the more clear we are about how to handle something, the greater the satisfaction we get when we do it.
My ultimate goal is for things to be self-organizing in the inherent act of whatever we are doing. This is the ultimate living system. Like lungs breathing air in and out!
It is called follow-through and closure, folks. That is right. Closure. We like it because it makes starting what is next easier.
Lighten the load!
#3 of 3) What about you?
My ultimate goal is for things to be self-organizing in the inherent act of whatever we are doing.
This is the ultimate living system. Like lungs breathing air in and out!
Do you have any great ways you can see using this concept?
- Call-to-Comment (CTC) — Please share in the comments below!!! I will check back and help you, too!
Remember, any time you take organizing for yourself is a gift, and not just to you, to those around you, too!
— Shannon Seek, B.Sc., CPCC, CPO, Focus Strategy Coach to Omni-talented Go-Getter Genius Types + www.seeksolutions.com Founder
I coach omni-talented, go-getter genius types like you to organize business success + lifestyle priorities to effectively do, be, have what you love every day. All day. I’ve also assembled a team of expert, vetted coaches to assist as needed.
Shannon Seek, B.Sc., CPCC, CPO Credentials….
- Teaching standard — 90% pass rate over 32 10-day programs teaching new beginners how-to swim (normal for new swimmers is a 10% pass rate)
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Economics with emphasis in Organizational Development, University of San Francisco + Applied Design at the Academy of Art, San Francisco with Interior Design + Marketing Internships, Gensler Architects (1995)
- Certified Co-Active Professional Coach (CPCC) from the Coaches Training Institute (CTI) in San Rafael, CA (January 1997)
- 4th ever Certified Professional Organizer at NSGCD, now ICD (2004)
- Certification Program Trainer to Professional Organizers at NSGCD (now ICD), 2002-3 — Logistics & Administration of Phone Appointments with Organizing Clients; Strategies for Coaching Clients with Attention Deficit Disorder
- Committed Student of Life — Eclectic Private Studies — Extensive studies in Neuro-Linguistic Programming, healing, personality systems (Enneagram, DISC, Myers-Briggs)
- Teleseminar Systems Provider and Trainer since 1996 behind 1000’s of virtual training programs
- Cloud Seer — VaaS @seekcollab secure cloud-based online collaboration, video conferencing.
What makes Shannon qualified to coach someone awesome like you? Her….
- 2 decades++ business success provides first-hand knowledge of the pressure you face.
- Stealthy, swift, in-your-face insight into what is working brings you deep inner clarity + tremendous energy.
- Personal “genius type” experience gives you the freedom to unveil all your gifts unabashedly.
- “Mini-obsession” with researching “how-to organize” everything provides you proven techniques — just for starters.
- Plus, her hand-picked team of expert, vetted coaches geared towards our omni-talented go-getter genius type clients (AKA for you boomers — high-achieving entrepreneurs, creative pioneers, radical executives and their direct reports :)).
Call-to-Comment via facebook and WordPress (commentluv, please scroll to end of page).